Give your team the skills edge by hosting UP Skills for Work training at your workplace. This workshop series will help your staff develop key employability skills to build their confidence at work.
The Workplace Delivery pilot program took place during Fall 2018, teaming up with employers across Canada in manufacturing, hospitality, finance, and social services. UP Skills for Work workshops were presented at 15 worksites with nearly 200 employee participants. Download the results summary.
Thanks to what we learned through the Workplace Delivery program, we are better equipped than ever to support employers looking to run UP Skills for Work soft skills training for their teams.
What can UP Skills for Work training do for my team?
- Tackle workplace soft skills challenges in a safe and constructive environment
- Discuss workplace expectations and culture in a supportive environment
- Support entry-level staff and new graduates
- Provide positive reinforcement and leadership development for strong employees
- Help your team adapt to workplace changes and/or a workplace culture shift
- Provide accessible professional development opportunities for staff with a range of educational backgrounds and English or French language skills
You can download any and all of the workbooks in this series. When you sign up to host workshops, you will receive printed workbooks for your staff. Stay tuned for 3 new workbooks coming in Spring 2019: Adaptability, Stress Management, and Confidence.
Participating Employers, Workplace Delivery program 2018
- Atira Property Management, Vancouver, BC
- Baylis Medical, Mississauga, ON
- Cambridge Suites Hotel, Halifax, NS
- Canadian Select Meats, Toronto, ON
- Duxton Windows & Doors, Winnipeg, MB
- FibreCast Inc., Burlington, ON
- Friesens Corporation, Altona, MB
- Hôtel Espresso, Montréal, QC
- Jonluca Enterprises Inc., Toronto, ON
- La Tour Belvédère, Montréal, QC
- Parq Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
- Prince George Hotel, Halifax, NS
- Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Limited, Toronto, ON
- Save On Meats, Vancouver, BC
- Sprackman Terrence, Toronto, ON
About Soft Skills
Soft skills (also called people skills) are the skills that hiring managers look for, and that workers need to thrive in any job. Together with essential skills, we call this workplace literacy. Research shows that workplace literacy training for employees translates to higher productivity, improved engagement and retention, better customer service and health and safety records, and fewer errors.