Give your team the skills edge by hosting UP Skills for Work training at your workplace. This workshop series will help your staff develop key employability skills to build their confidence at work.
We are offering 15 employer partners the opportunity to host UP Skills for Work workshops for their staff this fall, delivered by an expert facilitator, at no cost to the employer. The UP Skills for Work workshop series has been running successfully across Canada since 2017, and now you can bring the series to your team.
About the Workshop Opportunity
Workshop series: 6 hours of high-quality, introductory soft skills and essential skills training for 10-15 staff.
When: Fall 2018. (Recruitment open until October 26, 2018 or until all spaces are filled.)
Workshops: Customize your workshops by choosing 3 of the following skills: Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Presentation, Teamwork, and Time Management.
ABC provides: Printed training materials, an expert facilitator, refreshments, promotional materials, and an impact assessment.
Employer provides: Staff time and location to host the training at your workplace.
You can download any and all of the workbooks in this series. When you sign up to host workshops, you will receive printed workbooks for your staff.
- Introduction: Taking charge of your soft skills
- Time Management
- Atira Property Management, Vancouver, BC
- Baylis Medical, Mississauga, ON
- Cambridge Suites Hotel, Halifax, NS
- Duxton Windows & Doors, Winnipeg, MB
- FibreCast Inc., Burlington, ON
- Friesens Corporation, Altona, MB
- Hôtel Espresso, Montréal, QC
- La Tour Belvédère, Montréal, QC
- Parq Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
- Prince George Hotel, Halifax, NS
- Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Limited, Toronto, ON
- Sprackman Terrence, Toronto, ON
About Soft Skills
Soft skills (also called people skills) are the skills that hiring managers look for, and that workers need to thrive in any job. Together with essential skills, we call this workplace literacy. Research shows that workplace literacy training for employees translates to higher productivity, improved engagement and retention, better customer service and health and safety records, and fewer errors.